Sunday, September 9, 2012

Weekend Watching Opera

After spending the better part of my sunday morning this weekend watching Don Giovanni I can honestly say that I actually enjoyed it! Understandably, the thought of watching an entire Opera may seem intimidating to someone who has never done it before. However, I promise you that if you go into it with an open mind you will be able to enjoy watching an Opera just as much, if not more then when you watch any other kind of multimedia production. I found my self getting caught up in the excitement  of the story I was watching as it unfolded its self before me. I laughed, cried, worried, and cheered all because of how well the story that I was watching was written. After watching Don Giovanni I am now an advocate for watching the Opera; if someone can invest 3 hours watching some poorly written Hollywood production, then I encourage them to invest the same amount of time into watching an exquisitely written and preformed Opera. I look forward to watching more Opera's in the future. I also am looking forward to seeing what new and exciting topics will be covered in this weeks classes; see you all tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment