Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Performance Art


When I was presented with the technology requirement of our performance art piece I instantly had the idea for what I was going to do. The inspiration for what I was going to do stems from my major in Film and Multimedia, and my love for how the world appears though the lens of a camera. My piece consists of me guiding my self through my daily world looking at a image being generated on a screen in real time through a camera lens. Many times when i have been filming either a sporting event, or some kind of live performance, when I take my face away from the screen of the camera for a few moments I notice how different everything looks. As a my performance allowed me to find out what it is like to view where I am every day through the camera. In addition, another aspect of my project was to see what peoples reactions would be to me viewing the world through a camera instead of just with my eyes. I wanted to see their reaction to having someone walk past them and not knowing if that person was filming them or not. I found doing my performance art piece to be very rewarding and enlightening. 



No comments:

Post a Comment